Jumia, formerly known as Africa Internet Group (AIG), is an ecosystem of online commerces, marketplaces and classifieds websites and applications created in 2012. Started in 2012 in Lagos, the company has a presence across 23 African countries. The different lines of services are Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Food, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Deals and Jumia Services.
Jumia’s headquarters are located in Lagos, Nigeria with offices in all 22 other African countries in which it operates. As of January 2017, it employed more than 3 000 associates from five different continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, ME, North America, South America) and 68 different nationalities (Source: Wikipedia)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Provide technical support, solve basic user problems and answer any questions relating to laptops, peripherals, mobile devices, office software, email, IM/voice/video communications, etc.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming service requests from users facing problems with hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and other computer-related technologies
- Diagnose and perform routine repairs or arrange for vendor repair, as appropriate for a wide range of PC/Windows and Macintosh hardware, software and network issues
- Perform local and network installations of software and help users access and use this software
- Facilitate hardware, software, and network set up for new employees /users
- Maintain detailed trouble tickets, escalating issues accordingly and keeping constant channel of communication open with staff during escalation.
- Investigate/research alternative solution across both hardware and software, make recommendations, and prepare implementation plans for computer hardware/software
- Maintain an accurate inventory of technology assets assigned to users, including entering new assets into the inventory management database, tracking asset deployments and dispositions and yearly inventory tracking
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideal Candidate will have 3+ year experience as an IT Associate, Help Desk Specialist or similar role.
- Vendor certification of the following: MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- A strong sense of customer service and demonstrable history of excellent customer-facing skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, including ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, quickly ascertain and address client issues, relay relevant IT-related information in a timely manner
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
- Able to keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
- Help Desk / Technical support experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online