The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent. Dangote group has emerged one of the leading diversified business conglomerates on the African continent. Dangote Group has over 26,000 employees at the moment.
Today, Dangote Group is a diversified conglomerate, headquartered in Lagos, with interests across a range of sectors in Africa. (Source : Wikipedia)
The Dangote Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Relations Manager (CRM)
Business field: Refinery
Expertise: Corporate Communications
- The primary role of the CRM is the development and implementation of a community development strategy in line with Project objectives.
- The CRM will lead the team in managing community relations strategy within the Project target areas that will assist local people to:
- Identify issues and find solutions to their own needs.
- Work together in taking action on the issues identified.
- Support the development of local governance within the community and build their confidence and skills to participate.
Design and implementation of community development strategy:
- Work with the Project Management, Group General Manager Corporate Relations, Group Social Manager, existing Community Based Organizations and community groups/local institutions (elders, men, women and youth) in developing a community development strategy that has clear guidelines, maintains confidentiality, a mechanism for follow up work and clearly fits in with the aims, objectives and actions for implementation over the next 5 years.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- A Degree in Sociology, Community or Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields.
- A Master Degree in related field would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years working experience in similar role at a management position.
- Proactive personality with ability to work independently.
- Vast knowledge community related issues in the oil and gas sector.
- Proven Conflict Resolution skills.
- Certified Project Management Skills.
- Ability to deliver training programmes.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online