The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas,Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:.
Job Position: Community Relations Manager (CRM)
Job Location: Lagos
Function: Corporate Communications
- The primary role of the CRM is the development and implementation of a community development strategy in line with Project objectives.
- The CRM will lead the team in managing community relations strategy within the Project target areas that will assist local people to:
Identify issues and find solutions to their own needs.
Work together in taking action on the issues identified.
Support the development of local governance within the community and build their confidence and skills to participate.
Design and implementation of community development strategy:
Work with the Project Management, Group General Manager Corporate Relations, Group Social Manager, existing Community Based Organizations and community groups/local institutions (elders, men, women and youth) in developing a community development strategy that has clear guidelines, maintains confidentiality, a mechanism for follow up work and clearly fits in with the aims, objectives and actions for implementation over the next 5 years.
- A Degree in Sociology, Community or Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields.
- Vast knowledge community related issues in the oil and gas sector.
- Proven Conflict Resolution skills.
- Certified Project Management Skills.
- A Master Degree in related field would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years working experience in similar role at a management position.
- Proactive personality with ability to work independently.
- Ability to deliver training programs.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: NASCONcareers@dangote.com (with the relevant position you are applying to)
All the state.