MTN Group, formerly M-Cell, is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg.
Job Title: Manager, Ethics Management
- Promote an ethical culture based on MTN’s Code of Ethics, shared values and vital behaviours in the interest of all stakeholders.
- Coordinate all ethics management activities and elicit employee commitment to ethical behaviors.
- Develop and deploy the Ethics Management Framework and communicate corporate ethics statements, policies, codes and supporting documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ethics management requirements, compliance and reporting responsibilities, and related legal benchmarks from federal and state laws.
- Conducts reviews of corporate policies to ensure consistency and integration with MTNN’s ethical thrust. Institute processes and initiatives to embed corporate ethics messages and practices throughout the corporate culture.
- Develop and maintain procedures for resolution of ethical conflicts, complaints, allegations, breaches etc.
- Disseminate corporate ethics statements, policies and supporting publications.
- Coordinate the annual Ethics week and drive integration of corporate ethics messages across the business.
- Collaborate with BRM on investigations relating to complaints and allegations of ethical wrongdoing or conflicts of interest. Institute Quarterly “Integrity” Recognition Scheme Report on progress made with implementation and critical incidents and trends; mitigation of ethics risks.
- Maintain the ethics risk register to ensure that Ethics is driven from the top and embedded in the organisation.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Business Risk Management on the development and implementation of ethics, conflict-of-interest training for all employees; conduct ethical decision-making training for senior management.
- Conduct Ethic Management Roadshows across the organisation Establish strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and potential impact of non-compliance on bottom line and company image/reputation.
- Collaborate with Learning Management Team to orient new employees on ethics program.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value Conduct Ethics Training for Business Partners and Stakeholders.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Facilitate employee awareness on Ethics – including providing regular training to employees on Ethics matters, application of standards and guidelines.
- In conjunction with Legal, conduct periodic ethics risk assessments and recommend remedial actions arising from monitoring reviews on ethics assessments undertaken and report on progress made to close such actions.
- Promote a sustainable culture that enhances employee productivity to facilitate year on year improvements in the Group Culture Audit.
- Normal MTN working conditions
- May require occasional travel
Experience & Training:
- First degree LLB, BL, social sciences or related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization with experience in supervising/managing others In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience in a telecoms regulatory environment
- Knowledge and experience of best practice ethics and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, risk assessments in the context of the Nigerian and global telecommunications industry.
- Experience in policy governance & development of ethics related programs
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Strong knowledge of internal controls is an added advantage Training
- On the job training
- Post Graduate courses in Telecommunications Regulations – relevant courses, seminars, conferences and workshops to include:
- Telecommunications Management training
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Competition Law
- GSM conferences /Industry for a Management Development Program
Application Deadline: 23rd August, 2017
click HERE to Apply