MTN Nigeria is a premium telecommunications brand in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our
employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Financial Planning Accountant (Business Planning)
Nature of Job:
To Prepare, Analyse, Oversee And Manage The Annual Business Plan (Consolidated) For MTNN By Applying Fundamental Budgetary Concepts, Practices, And Procedures And Ensuring It Complies With International Financial Reporting Standards
- Extract Value From What We Already Have By Focusing On Optimizing Processes Within The Unit/Department In Line With The Value Creation Philosophy. This Includes Individual Contributions And Recommendations To Improve Existing Business Project/Initiative.
- Drive Innovation By Identifying And Taking Advantage Of New Business Opportunities, E.G., By Stimulating And Encouraging New Business Opportunities, Launch Of Products, Product/Process Innovation, Business Model Innovation Etc.
- Maintain Leadership In The ICT/Digital Industry By Partnering With MTNN’s Partners To Improve Their Processes Which In Turn Will Improve The Efficiency Of MTNN’s Operations.
- Enhance/Expand MTN’s Role In The Larger National Macro Environment By Participating In CSR Projects And/Or NGO’s, Involvement In Recognized Professional Institutions, Participating In Think-Tank Activities Etc.
- Sustain The Right Organizational Culture And Behaviors By Demonstrating The Vital Behaviours Every Time.
- Review And Analyse Departmental Budget Requests, Make Recommendations For Approval Or Modifications As Required.
- Coordinate The Uploading Of The MTN Financial And Non-Financial Budget On The Group’s Consolidation Software (Hyperion Financial Management).
- Verify Accuracy Of Data Received From Departments Such As Assumptions, Headcount, Organogram And Opex, Ensuring Alignment With Company Strategy.
- Assist In The Development Of Strategy Documents And The Preparation And Automation Of MTNN Business Plan In The Business Planning Software, Ensuring That Sub Projects Are Incorporated And Business Plan Calculations Are Accurate And Realistic.
- Assist In Integrating Other Systems Such As Magic, IFS With The Business Planning Software.
- Facilitate Effective Budgetary Control Systems By Providing The Budget Assumptions In Explaining Monthly OPEX Variances, Liaising With Budget Coordinators To Facilitate Timely Submission Of Inputs.
- Monitor Adherence To Standard Budgetary Working Policies, Processes And Procedures.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
- Open Plan Office
Experience & Training:
- First Degree In Any Numerate Discipline
- Fluent In English
- A Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA Etc)
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience Working With Others
- Experience Working In A Medium Organization
- Finance, Budget Or Management Reporting In A Multinational Environment
- Experience In A Financial Reporting Function Is Desirable
- Experience In Data Mining And Analysis
- Experience In Enterprise Financial Systems
- Experience In Telecommunications Industry Will Be An Added Advantage Training
- Best Practices In Budget Preparation.
- Financial Analysis.
- Advanced Excel, Word And PowerPoint
- Business Modelling
- Basic Leadership Skills
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Minimum Qualification: BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech Or HND
Click HERE to Apply for this job.