MTN Group, formerly M-Cell, is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect, VAS/IN
Division: Information Systems
Core Purpose of the Job
- Lead the architectural vision for VAS/IN architecture across the value chain and ensure alignment with MTN group standardization framework covering OSS and BSS (Enterprise application integration), Applications and Infrastructure across the value chain.
- Developing and implementing Marketing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Participate in the review of Business Processes.
- Assist IS and Business Units in planning and developing technology budgets for the upcoming financial years and develop detailed plans in support of approved ICT deployments.
- Evaluate developments in architecture in the local and international business environment and recommend value adding improvements to MTNN’s VAS architecture roadmap.
- Track Benefits realization, investments value ratio metrics.
- Lead the improvement in the utilization of current Enterprise VAS “Portfolio” Capabilities.
- Lead the coordination of the evolving of existing VAS platforms to support Enterprise strategy and avoid platform duplication and ensure optimal asset utilization (hence, avoid asset wastage.)
- Provide strategic context for system evolution, in response to the constantly changing business environment.
- Create & foster an environment where IT efficiency is balanced against business need, as it governs new VAS product introduction into existing business IT systems.
- Determine overall modeling standards, guidelines, best practices modeling techniques(TOGAF 9) & approaches VAS/IN architecture
- Define value chain, and enterprise capabilities as it relates to VAS/IN platforms/applications & services
- Define continuous improvement strategy – VAS architecture roadmap to improve utilization without increasing capability and technical capacity
- Ensure architectural validity (completeness) and compliance with MTN Group Enterprise Architecture Framework and Principles
- Define and sets Performance Measures – dashboard to measure capability and outcome performance
- Develop and document appropriate architecture documents, reports etc. per functional areas
- Define VAS/IN applications architecture and design
- Design scalable applications architecture based on trend analysis of current usage and forecast and benchmark application capabilities based on projected growth
- Design the architectural landscape to accomplish cross system objectives and advantageous trade-offs across the ecosystem.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Agree UAT criteria with the end customer and ensure all change requests are properly documented and signed off.
- Collaborates with the other Architects and SMEs to ensure changes are properly coordinated
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or its equivalent.
- Post graduate degree in related IT, Engineering will be an advantage
Minimum of 6 years work experience including:
- 4 years’ Enterprise Architecture (Business, Applications, VAS/IN) experience
- 4 years’ experience integrating applications and technology in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of EA frameworks, NGOSS
- Practicable Telco 2.0 experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Service Delivery Platforms, VAS/IN implementation & solution delivery
- In-depth experience in Architecture governance and standards, Business Capability & Value Chain Analysis and Application Portfolio Management (APM).
- Good working knowledge of NPV, IRR, ROI, TCO
- TOGAF certified
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Application Closing Date: 6th July, 2017.
Click HERE to apply online